THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:35:53 EST
> McHugh Margaret SSgt 86 MDSS/SGSL <[log in to unmask]>

>  I did not test positive for gestational diabetes but the 1st child came out
>  10lb 2oz (42 weeks gestation).  I come from a family history of Hashimotos
>  showing in the women and large babies being the norm.

Diabetic babies have larger shoulders?  Is this opinion from a scientific
study?

Regarding large babies, Broda Barnes said that was common in hypothyroid
patients.  Having watched a former business partner with diabetes suffer the
same things I did from hypothyroidism, I believe a hypothyroid person can
have any symptom a diabetic has, except elevated levels of sugar,  without
being diabetic. (But tell a diabetic his symptoms might get better with
thyroid treatment, they are not likely to believe since the criteria and
suffering for diabetes is well established.  It's not a "mystery disease." )
  It makes sense a hypothyroid family would have large babies if Broda Barnes
was correct.

Skipper Beers

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=thyroid>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]