THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:18:27 EST
> Mary Croft <[log in to unmask]>

> I go back on Dec 13...have blood drawn  tell him I am have rapid pulse and
flashes of angerMy pulse at rest was
>between  104 and 120.
See, a thyrotoxic patient and she knew it.  It is possible for someone to
think they are in danger of becoming hyper, when they are really not.  Start
taking Armour, warm up the body temperature and you have the overheated
feeling.  However, just because your temperature elevates to 97.6 from 96.5
doesn't mean your hyper it means you are warming up and adjusting.  I believe
people will go to the doctor when they are mistaken and are not really in
danger of thyrotoxicosis, I do not believe that one can have symptoms and not
know you should see the doctor because you are probably on too much thyroid.
For a pulse rate, over 120 is dangerous.  104 might be tolereted if you've
just increased, but only for  a week or two because that' s a bit high, not
to mention uncomfortable.

>  he said total t3 was insignificant because it fluctuated so much, but
>  suggested

I think he's right.  Especially since the T3 is not measured at the cellular
level.  Because it's not I believe it's nothing.  However, the rapid pulse is
another story.  And that's something you don't need a lab for.  Have you ever
noticed how some doctors say the lab doesn't mean anything when it suits
their purpose?  Mine told me my hip pain was probably rheumatoid even if the
rheumatoid factor did turn out negative.  But when I pointed out my son's
extremely severe, close to coma thyood symptoms, then the TSH was 2.2 and
there was no way he needed treatment.

Skipper

                      Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.