THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Margaret Snowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 15:22:36 -0500
 >I itch at night and
>  first thing in the morning.  Still can't figure this one out but it
seems
>  nerve related as well.  I had to wean myself off of armour.  My
itching is
more a
>  crawly kinda of skin and not what you call tingly, I guess. :)

I had similar itching  - bugs cawling on my skin itching - and blamed it
on my  hypothyroidism but it turned out to be low estrogen  (estradiol)
levels.  I was on PremPro but my blood estrogen levels were 1/5 of
normal. I recently switched to Estrace (17 beta estradiol) and the
itching quickly disappeared.  If you are menopausal or perimenopausal,
you might consider having a blood test to check your estrogen levels.

Good luck!
Margaret

 If you "Reply" to a message, and you fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

 Three addresses for your self-service Thyroid account
1 Talk to many thyroid people  <[log in to unmask]>
2 Control your account         <[log in to unmask]>
3 Human help - any active member or <[log in to unmask]>
Account changes <A HREF="http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/">X</A>
Question not answered on Thyriod? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html and ask again!