THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 14:00:38 -0500
Hello to all,

I am new to all this, so please bear with me.  I recently had to go the
Emergency Room because I almost fainted at work... twice.  The doctor said
the most like culprit was the beginning of the flu or a virus.  When the
doctor listened to my heart, he heard a murmur, of which I had been aware
for a couple of years.  The doctor asked if the murmur had ever been
evaluated, and when I said that it had not, he suggested I get that taken
care of.  As a diagnostic tool, a chest x-ray was taken.  My heart size
seemed to be fine.  The next day, however, I received a phone call from the
hospital.  The radiologist had looked at my film, and had noticed that my
thyroid gland was enlarged and suggested I have this looked at.  All my
thyroid blood tests came back normal... or within normal limits.  I was
scheduled for an ultrasound of my thyroid, which I had done.  I got the
results yesterday (Oct. 31) and don't know whether to be relieved or worried
further.  I was told (and this was emphasized by the nurse) that I have a
VERY complex multinodular goiter.  I've read quite a bit online since
finding this out, and a few of my fears have been allayed.  But... should I
be worried because of the emphasis put on the words "VERY complex"??  The
nurse actually made a point of saying this 3 times.  Please, any information
anyone can give would be appreciated.  I am not scheduled to see the
endocrinologist for almost 3 weeks and do NOT want to have this filling my
thoughts until then.

Sincerely,

Suzan H.

 If you "Reply" to a message, and you fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

 Three addresses for your self-service Thyroid account
1 Talk to many thyroid people  <[log in to unmask]>
2 Control your account         <[log in to unmask]>
3 Human help - any active member or <[log in to unmask]>
Account changes <A HREF="http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/">X</A>
Question not answered on Thyriod? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html and ask again!