THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Maggi Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 12:14:56 EST
In a message dated 10/30/2001 12:01:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Yes, I had numbness in thumbs and toes when I was low on thyroid.
 Janet

 > Has anyone experienced numbness and or tingling associated with hypothyro

I can ditto this as well.  My toes were numb but what I had was hot, burning
feet.  Couldn't wear shoes and couldn't sleep with feet under the covers.
That went away with the correct amount of T4 and T3.  Also had a sort of
carpal tunnel thing with left thumb.  That has also gone away.  The joint
stiffness is starting to subside and my hair quit falling out.  I still get
itchy and rashes though.  Mostly inner arms and legs.  I itch at night and
first thing in the morning.  Still can't figure this one out but it seems
nerve related as well.  I had to wean myself off of armour.  It had to much
T3 and not enough T4.  Now I take a combo of both.  The symptoms are slowly
going away, I get better it seems each day.  Occasionally my hands will sweat
and my feet also but it was real bad and constant. I wonder if potassium has
anything to do with itching?  Hmm. Just a thought.  My itching is more a
crawly kinda of skin and not what you call tingly, I guess. :)
Maggi

                     Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.