THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 15:52:44 EDT
> victoria hartley <[log in to unmask]>

>  does anyone else have problems with candida? I have had a fungal
>  infection for 8 months now. Am currently on
>  60mcg of T3 only.

I know nothing about this really, but my opinion is the human body
temperature is 98.6 for a reason.  One reason may be bacteria, virus, and
other organisms seek an environment they are comfortable in.  My wife used to
get yeast infections ( I think that's what candida is?) every time she took
motrin, Premysyn PMS, or an antibiotic.  I wonder if that will still be true
now that her temperatue is up.

I believe in addition to medications, candida love carbohydrates.  My wife
was on the low fat diet for years, I doubt there was ever an unhealthier diet
ever created and probably why she got pneumonia, she's on the Atkin's type
diet and eating reduced carbohydrates now and can tell the carbs cause
bloating and fatigue.  No, carbs are not that great for energy, at least not
for hypothyroid people.  So, avoid medication that causes candida to thrive
and avoid sugar, and at the very least unnatural carbohydrates.   (Think
about your ancestors, if 10,000 years ago they didn't have access to it, it's
probably not healthy.  So, an apple once you wipe off the bug spray may be
ok, wheat you find in the field may actually be healthy, until they enriched
white flour can you believe they were selling it free of any nutrient value
whatsoever until President Franklin Rosevelt passed a law it had to be
enriched with vitamins.  So, the food companies were processing the flour,
bleaching it, and selling it without an ounce of nutrition.  That tells you
how the food companies were then, I doubt that they've improved.  I don't
know for sure that candida don't like natural carbs too, so you might try
avoiding those for a while too, but an ideal diet is not a refined diet,
processed flour and sugar really are not healthy.)

Skipper Beers

  If you "Reply" to a message, and fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, your message cannot be distributed.

If we're not currently talking about what *YOU* want to hear about,
why not ask a question? Or make a statement about your own "favorite"
topic? To be prepared, you might want to search the Thyroid Archives
http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html to see what has been said
before about any thyroid-related topic.