THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Maggi Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 14:55:01 EDT
In a message dated 8/11/2001 1:00:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<  She clearly avoided
 the issue and stood firm on her TSH altar!  The only other different test
 she ordered was an FSH.  She didn't elaborate on why and I probably wouldn't
 have listened to her at this point anyway. >>
Kal,
She ordered the FSH to see if you are in perimenopause, thus the edema that
couldn't possibly hypo. :) I got one and mine was 17 but I don't know the
range.  Haven't talked to my doc about it yet.  I won't go to an endo.  Been
to 5 and they are all the same.  TSH is fine, your fine. Have you ever tired
a DO?  They usually specialize in chiropracting and chelation and
alternatives.  But, the thing is they are all usually very well informed with
hormonal issues and the endocrine system.  Mine is a very old fashioned
doctor.  He listens. He cares, and he knows what he's doing. He does not
judge strickly on test results and has learned quite a bit from me bringing
him in articles etc. They almost all prefer anything natural like Armour to
anything synthetic.  Mine put me on armour first thing and he dx the hyper
thyroid condition. We have alot of them here in Florida.  A DO is a Doctor of
Osteopathy.  Just a thought.
Maggi

  If you "Reply" to a message, and fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, your message cannot be distributed.

If we're not currently talking about what *YOU* want to hear about,
why not ask a question? Or make a statement about your own "favorite"
topic? To be prepared, you might want to search the Thyroid Archives
http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html to see what has been said
before about any thyroid-related topic.