THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Shevawn Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 16:20:21 -0500
Ok, time for a light hearted post......I know this is a strange one, but
I just had to ask.

For as long as I can remember (and there are days when I really don't
remember not being hypothyroid), I was a mosquito MAGNET.

I mean, I could be at a party with fifty people, and the mosquitos
would prey on me like I was alone in a swamp.  I would get welts so
large that they would bruise, then blister.

I have noticed that this summer, since I have changed meds, and seem to
be doing better, that the mosquitos literally avoid me.  I was at an
outdoor party earlier this week, and others were complaining and
swatting away.  I never noticed the bugs and came home without a single
bite.  This is not the first time this has happened.  I am usually
mosquito radar for the rest of the party people, always running indoors,
lighting the Citronellas and pulling out the DeepWoods Off, which they
would bother me with anyway. By this time of year, I usually  have a
number of mosquito bites that take most of the summer to go away.

It just seems so odd.....

Do any of the rest of the hypos out there know about being a mosquito
magnet?  Or a change in your attraction to the beasts after treatment?
Or is this just a figment of my imagination?

If it isn't,  maybe they should get rid of the stupid TSH, and let
loose some mosquitos to test thyroid level!

Thanks.

Shevawn

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

  Three addresses for your self-service Thyroid Account
  1 To talk with 500+ people <[log in to unmask]>
  2 To change your account  <[log in to unmask]>
  3 Human help - any active member or <[log in to unmask]>
    Adjust your own account http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid
If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
    <http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html> and ask again!