THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edward Reisman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:00:49 EDT
Today I received a copy of the Sleep Study Report, from the sleep study i had
done at the end of june, during a consult with the ENT-doc who referred me.

The ENT-doctor said, in response to my questions, that my swollen tongue was
the major cause of the breathing obstruction, which was causing "moderate
apnea."  however, this was not a symptom of  hypothyroidism, per the doc,
because if it were, there would be a "glassy shine" to my tongue, which it
does not have.

The report also mentioned that as a result of some questionnaire that i
filled out, my "Beck Depression Inventory" was 18 (with a normal of <9).  so
the doc asked if i had ever been treated for depression.  (can you see a
diagnosis coming of "prozac deficiency?")

so, he prescribed a CPAP machine for me.  before i rush out and get
it,however, i want to increase the amt. of time-release T3 i'm taking -- i'm
doing the wilson's - protocol with doc don. ---  when i cycled down from 90
mcg (x 2/day), without ever reaching higher than 97.3 in temp., i had
disastrous results:  unable to concentrate,  and feeling besieged by the most
innocuous gestures from my younger children (ages 3 and 6 mos).  today my
dosage is 105 mcg x2/day, and the only temp. reading thus far has been 96.5.

based on skipper's descriptions of his own experience with apnea, i think i
need to hit the dosage that gives me a temp. of 98.6, before i go out an buy
the @#$%^&* machine.

many thanks to this group.  without the collective experience and wisdom of
you all, i would be at the mercy of these "doctors."

-edward reisman

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.