THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
BubbaMugs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:56:57 -0400
Hi all,
    What is it about Armour that is so controversial?  There must be a
reason why Dr's don't treat with this T3 conventionally.  I'm confused.
What are the "risks" of Armour that are scaring Dr's?  Or is it just
ignorance to it's benefits?
    My "great" Endo turned out to be a jerk.  He spent 10 minutes (really)
with me.  He said "You have Hashimotos's as the cause of your Hypothyroid.
See me in a year for a new check of your levels."  When I explained that I
wasn't feeling so well since he lowered my dose - because he didn't like my
TSH at 0.04 despite the fact that I was feeling the best I had in years.  He
said what I was describing (hair loss, no appetite [but no weight gain
either], dry skin, fatigue, feeling unmotivated in general) were all HYPO
symptoms and my labs actually indicated I was slight Hyperthyroid - my TSH
went to .46 when he lowered my dose.
    UGH!  I'm confused, scared and getting depressed at the bleak outlook on
my overall health care.  Can someone please help me sort this out!
KAL/Mass

  If you "Reply" to a message, and fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, your message cannot be distributed.

If we're not currently talking about what *YOU* want to hear about,
why not ask a question? Or make a statement about your own "favorite"
topic? To be prepared, you might want to search the Thyroid Archives
http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html to see what has been said
before about any thyroid-related topic.