THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dave Thielen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 13:43:09 -0600
My friend and I made our trip down to see Doc Don.  We spent practically a
whole day with him.  What an informative and exciting visit!  Doc Don first
asked us a lot of questions to come to a conclusion as to our diagnosis.  We
then came back after lunch and we had a jam session.  Doc Don educates,
sympathizes, understands and basically has an answer for every question that
we'd asked of him.  He has all of his references that he uses to confirm his
ideas, he has life stories that he explains so that we could understand the
cause and effect.  We have so much information to look over and read.  Doc
Don didn't rush us and took time to answer each and every question.

Basically, as I had already suspected, I was still too low on thyroid.  He's
increasing my T4.  My T3 was still a bit high.  The reason I couldn't
tolerate the thyroid and just I had suspected my Cortisol level was still
low.  So, I will be supplementing for my adrenals with hydrocortisone.  And,
what I didn't expect was my estrogen level was extremely low, I've always
been treated for progesterone, so that was a suprize.  I will however be
treated not only for estrogen but also progesterone as he said that you
should always supplement with both, as your body creates the two hormones.
In addition, my testosterone level was very low as well.  I will be
supplemented with a cream for this.  I had gone to my Dr about 3 years ago
to be treated for this after watching an Oprah TV segment..... but of
course, my Dr. had nothing to offer in that regard.  And, I left with
nothing, still feeling bad.

I am excited to see my reaction to these different regimens.  Obviously we
were educated that possibly right away we might not feel great as with
anything when changing.  But, I will keep you all posted.

One additional thing, both Tracey and I felt what was extraordinary about
Doc Don.... he left our regimen in our hands.... he gave us the options and
we could decide what we wanted to take and "IF" we wanted to take them!
Also, both Tracey and I are on Phentermine to help us lose weight.  We
worried that Doc Don would say "get off of those or else"...... he
didn't.... not at all.  Obviously, we know it's not the best thing in the
world to be taking, however, it's the ONLY thing that has helped either of
us to lose weight.  So, we don't want to have to lose out on that.  Doc Don
said that he wouldn't take it away.  He encouraged us to cut back some,
which was ok, but again, he left it up to us!

I urge anyone who still suspects things aren't right to go see him.  If you
suspect it you are probably right!

Dawn

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.