THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 16:44:38 -0600
>I am confused!  My PMS symptoms disappear with the rectal suppositories
>of natural progesterone (and return within 6-8 hours when it wears off).
>But Vliet is highly regarded, opposed to the progesterone, and advocates
>estrogen.
>
>Can you please help me make sense of this?

Hi Ruth and everyone,
It is tricky to reconcile the differences between Dr. Vliet's and Dr. Lee's
perspectives. However Dr. Lee isn't totally opposed to estrogen; he does
believe some women need it and that one can determine that from signs and
symptoms.  I've tried to incorporate the parts of each of their theories
that rang true for me or worked for me through trial and error!

One website that provides much info on this topic is:

http://www.project-aware.org/

SUsan A

  If you "Reply" to a message, and fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, your message cannot be distributed.

If we're not currently talking about what *YOU* want to hear about,
why not ask a question? Or make a statement about your own "favorite"
topic? To be prepared, you might want to search the Thyroid Archives
http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html to see what has been said
before about any thyroid-related topic.