From:
sandybill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
sandybill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 16:18:40 -0800

At 06:21 PM 3/7/02 -0500, Ann Sokolowski wrote:
>A medical researcher from Harvard was on a couple of shows recently.  He
>was the one who developed Glu/cond .....Said to make sure you get the
>one with 4 ingredients, esp the bovine extract.  That appears to be the key.

There are always different points of view, not necessarily more right than
another POV. There is no agency that oversees the
purity of supplements or whether or not they have as much of any ingredient as
advertised. When Consumer reports assayed several brands of
Glucosamine/Chondroitin (G/C), they said many had only half as much of the
two ingredients as advertised, and some had absolutely none.

I tried three different brands of G/C several  years ago and got no effect from
any of them except that one upset my stomach. Then when I was talking to
my orthopedic doc about the arthritis he asked me if I'd tried G/C. I told him
I had and it did nothing. He said to try Cosamin DS, which is prescription
pure,
though it's sold over the counter. It has made a real difference for me.
Stopped
80 percent of my arthritic  problems and keeps getting better: seems to be
very
gradually replacing the fluid in the joints and repairing the cartilage, as
has been
reported. After adding SAM-e to it, it seems to have even gradually been
diminishing the arthritic burs I have, especially in my shoulders and neck.

When I quit either of them I start having some problems again after a month
or so.
-vance

 From a friend: "A lady at work was seen putting a credit card into her
floppy drive and
pulling it out very quickly. When asked what she was doing, she said she
was shopping on the internet and they asked for a credit card number, so
she was using the "ATM thingy"."