From:
Edwin Bogert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:28:13 -0500
I just installed a new up-grade agp video card on this generic machine that is equipped with a fairly late mobo containing via 694X-686b chipsets. It has an aureal vortex sq-1500 sound card and an S3 savage 2000 video card containing 64mb of sdram on it. Am running Win98SE OS. Prior to installation of this video card, everything seemed to work fine. Now, the various games I have installed are coming up with frequent pauses in both the sound and video when I try to play them. I've checked the device manager and, both components check OK. With my old video card I only got about half the picture but the sound was OK. Are sound and video connected together on some games or, have I seemed to have missed something when I set them both up? I have 128mb of sdram memory with an Intel 533mhz cpu. The mobo has on board ac97 codec sound which has been dis-abled. W
hat I want to know is will jerky sound affect video performance and, vice versa? Any listers out there that have the same problem in the past
and were able to come up with a solution.  TIA   Edwin Bogert

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com