GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:37:24 -0400
Guys, you have to realize that Gassama is shameless. No amount of
incontrovertible EVIDENCE will open the man’s eyes to the REALITY in the
country. I told him several times that he himself is among the Famara Jatta
statistics of POOR people. But, the man is in DENIAL. Gassama himself CANNOT
make ends meet. All these newspapers articles we are showing to him, he
ALREADY saw them. The misery does NOT just stop at these articles. In
Serrekunda (an urban area) classrooms do NOT have adequate furniture. Forget
about remote villages. But to talk about schooling while ignoring people’s
empty stomachs, is putting the cart before the horse. This inept government
CANNOT even guarantee that Gambians (farmers) that work hard throughout the
year will have three square meals a day to show for their sweat. Right
there, the mental midgets have no business living on taxpayers’ money as
ministers and civil servants. We are dealing with a bunch of morons that do
NOT have the wherewithal to deliver on ‘ground-zero’; the basics.

I witness how Gassama tried to rewrite Gambian history by LYING about the
PPP ‘Education Record’. In his garbage, he conveniently forgets that morons
like Yaya were ‘educated’ during the PPP era. I don’t know the knucklehead
(Gassama), but I can safely guess that he was NOT ‘educated’ during the
colonial era. Did Gassama stop to ask himself where Yaya came from to go to
Gambia High School? Was Yaya a ‘privileged kid living at Fajara’? Here we
have Gassama trying to introduce a ‘class warfare’ insinuating that poor
rural kids were disenfranchised by PPP ‘Education’ policies. As usual,
nothing can be farther from the truth. MOST prominent Gambians are NOT urban
dwellers. If I wanted to name prominent Gambians that came from remote
villagers and worked HARD through the education system in The Gambia, we
would NOT leave here today.

Compared to AFPRC/APRC that believes in ‘mass-production’, the PPP Education
System was more quality oriented. I hasten here to add that in 2002 we
should be aspiring for an Education System that is superior to BOTH the ones
delivered by PPP and AFPRC/APRC. Gassama in his ludicrous ‘analysis’
conveniently forgets about ‘Secondary Technical Schools’. He hallucinates
that in yesteryear’s Gambia if you ‘failed’ the ‘Common Entrance’, that was
it. See why I said that the man is trying to rewrite history? Clearly we all
know that Gassama is LYING again in order to score points for this illegal
government. There is NOTHING wrong in High Schools setting high standards
for the limited positions they have. That is such a simple point that it is
amazing how Gassama seems to miss that. Harvard University does NOT admit
every person that applies there. ‘Primary School’ children can figure that
out. To call those standards ‘schemes’ for defrauding poor people, is
preposterous, to say the least. But trust Gassama to come up with the most
bizarre arguments one can think of.

With AFPRC/APRC there is NO ‘Education Plan’. The ONLY ‘plan’ they have is
to erect a school building to fool gullible Gambians and give sycophants
like Gassama something to talk about. When you ask them for an ‘Education
Plan’, they show you a ‘Construction Plan’. You ask them for a ‘Health
Plan’, they show you a ‘Construction Plan’. Like the African Dictators they
are, the mental midgets are obsessed with ‘buildings’. The last thing on
their small minds is figuring out how to utilize those ‘buildings’ for the
benefit of the poor people. That is why we have all these HUGE LOANS in the
country while our people are getting POORER. A serious government would have
figured out how to make the schools efficient before building them. In other
words, a serious government would have made its priority the QUALITY
EDUCATION of Gambians. But to this illegal government, their priority is NOT
quality education. Their priority is to erect buildings they can talk about
and MASS-PRODUCE low-quality education. Need I tell the morons that it is
NOT about the number of schools that are built. It is about the number of
children that have QUALITY EDUCATION.

I thank you guys for your efforts to keep Gassama honest and report what is
ACTUALLY going on in the country. Left to the man alone, he would tell tall
tales and hope that we do not call home and read reliable newspapers to find
out the reality on the ground.
KB