From:
Edwin Bogert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 12:11:26 -0600
I agree, I don't think that both or, even 1 of them are bad however, after
changing,swapping,reseating and, checking all components including
cpu-memory-video cards,power supplies etc. etc. I'm finding myself with the
same overall symptoms. I've tried only the cpu & memory and,video installed
to no avail as well as the above mentioned with floppy-keyboard-mouse
installed to no avail. I've worn the sockets out seating and re-seating.
Sometimes I get a series of long beeps repeating continously and sometimes
none at all.  The pwr-led light comes on sometimes and sometimes not.  When
it does come on it stays on after I power down and stays there until I pull
the plug. I've rechecked the mobo jumpers a dozen times and they are
correct. I've cleared cmos a dozen times but this problem persists.  I've
built up a dozen or more machines with various mobo's and have experienced
the normal set-up problems that we all encounter however this one is new to
me. I noticed in the mobo specs that I can use up to 768mb of pc133 sdram on
it. Does this mean I can use ONLY pc133?  Currently I'm trying to use pc100
sdram.  Could that be the problem or not?Thanks  Edwin Bogert