From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 05:44:26 -0500
On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 01:56:06 -0500, Theola Walden Baker
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Vitamin A content in International Units (I.U.) per gm of food:
>Ox liver 550
>Cod liver oil 600
>Halibut liver oil 30,000

>Polar bear (Thalarctos maritimus)  24,000-35,000

In one of the vitamin A articles I found the sentence that
"one ounce of palar bear liver" can kill a man immediately.

I think nobody would ever have the opportunity ever to taste polar bears.
What about Halibut liver oil?

It might be wise not to eat a whole ounce of this, if the numbers above are
correct.

Ah btw: humans method of detoxifying vitamin A is to transport and store it
in the liver. Human liver was listed at 550 (per gm).
Humans can store up to two years of vitamin A needs in the liver.
If this is full... It should better not - you might feel it in the bones.
In the case you ate carotenes above the storage limit,
skin and eyeballs turn yellow.

Amadeus