From:
Ken Engelhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 20:54:02 -0400
> Paleo and "low fat" are not necessarily mutually exclusive - would you
> consider yourself to be a consuming "high fat" paleo diet?
>
> What about saturated fat in particular?
>
> TIA
> Jim Walsh

I bought a grass fed side of beef and a grass fed lamb from a local farmer,
both of which are quite fat (especially the lamb).  I do not trim the fat
off and in fact enjoy it.  I eat bacon only occasionally and try to get it
lean.  I eat commercial meat sometimes and make no attempt to trim off the
fat.  I eat a lot of eggs (free range or Omega 3) and very little dairy and
cheese.

I fry with olive oil and coconut oil and less often butter.  I put flax oil
or olive oil on my salad.

On Atkins I was eating tons of cheese, creme fraiche, whipping cream and
lots of bacon.  So I would say my saturated fat is lower than before but I
would consider myself to be on a fairly high fat paleo diet.  Ken