From:
Ruby Ring <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2002 19:57:51 -0600
  From: Mary
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 9:47 AM
  Subject: [P-F] increase in disease

  There has been a huge increase in heart disease. Is this due to:

  l. too much sugar in the diet
  2. trans fats (frankenfats)
  3. foreign proteins

  I believe it's all of the above, but which is the most significant?

  The heart attack rate was much smaller at the turn of the century, but
  people were eating still eating foreign proteins back then.

  However, they were not eating refined foods and sugars as much as today,
  sugar intake has increased dramatically.

  Also, they did nto have as many trans fats (correct?) relying more on less
  processed fats such as lard and butter.

  So could we say the major reason is not foreign proteins (wheat and dairy)
  but rather sugars and frankenfats?

  And of sugar or frankenfats, which is the biggest factor?

  Thanks for your ideas.