From:
Alan Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 07:33:38 -0500
I've read many references to the fact that Paleo man had a much higher
variety of food in his diet (as compared to the SAD), and that a lack of
variety in our diet can lead to sensitivities and allergies.

I would assume that Paleo man's diet varied mainly by season, but varied
much less on a daily or weekly basis.  IOW, if we could look at a typical
day or week of eating for a Paleo man, the variety would be very small for
those relatively small snapshots in time.

For example, after killing a large animal, I assume they'd simply gorge on
the body of that animal.  Perhaps more than one "meal"?  When they found
a nice patch of ripe blueberries, they'd gorge on that also?

Does this sound right?  Have any of you tried eating in this manner?  To
me it sounds like a much less interesting way to eat, altho it would make
meal planning a lot easier.

Alan Jones