From:
Philip Thrift <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 19:08:37 -0500
On Mon, 20 May 2002 17:47:05 -0400, Hilary McClure <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Todd Moody wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 20 May 2002, Hilary McClure wrote:
>>
>> > fat foods we hominids got our start on hundreds of millennia ago. In
>> > consideration of the above points, do you still see a reason to reduce
>> > palmitic intake?
>>
>> Since I'm one of those people whose IR seems to have worsened
>> after 5 years of liberal-fat paleo, I'd say yes, for myself at
>> least.
>
>Ahh... yes, in that case I guess I would pull out all the stops and go
>with Cordain on the fat questions. Ron Rosedale also says to avoid
>saturated fat in order to decrease insulin resistance.

I was trying to find a table that compared grass-fed or organic
beef vs. "factory" beef (e.g. there is one like this at
http://www.beltie.org/beef3.html ) which raises the question of
how "much* better grass-fed is (here the most significant
difference is in the o-3/o-6 ratio rather than palmitic acid).
What is the real comparison?

PS note

I just heard of the death of Stephen Jay Gould
today. I had browsed through his recent 1500 page
The Structure of Evolutionary Theory, which is big and heavy enough
to throw and knock down a mammoth, but didn't get it since I wondered
when I would have time to ready it. I'm not sure some of his
variations of Darwinian evolution are ultimately that significant,
but as a bit player in this evolutionary play,
I felt some sadness in his passing.