From:
Jana Eagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 14:59:10 -0600
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> Hi Jana;
>
> The Editor (Siegfreid Gursche), though, says that;
>
> "What has really happened in the last 200 years is that our food has been
> denaturalized by the milling of grains and the removal of fibre along with
> minerals, vitamins, germ oils and other minor nutrients. The refined
> vegetable oils, the artificially hardened fats such as vegetable shortening
> and margarine with the deadly trans fatty acids, are to be blamed for the
> rapid increase if degenrative diseases, cancer and heart diseaes. The author
> does not differentiate between natural and refined, processsed foods".

Hmmm, well after reading the book "Lights Out" I am not so sure that refining
food has been solely responsible for the degenerative diseases of our
modern day.  I think artifically lengthening our day with electric
lights is at least as much responsible for our health problems.

Anyway, when the paleo diet doesn't include grains, what does it
matter if the grains are processed or not?

Jana