From:
David Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 12:24:05 EDT
That's sounds great in theory, however, there are many Hygienic doctors with
thousands of supervised fasts that will sometimes break a fast before that
time if there are certain conditions.  They do regular blood work to test for
certain things.  Many people are severely malnourished and their chemistries
deranged from years of non-paleo living.  They may need periods of paleo
feeding in between fasts.

The reason many people on this list have a problem with your posts is that
you take black and white views of things.  The truth is that everyone is
different.  The basic principles may hold for most people, however, the
application can vary greatly.  Supervising long term fasts over the phone and
Internet can set you up for a lawsuit.  I think it was Shelton who referred
to fasting as "bloodless surgery."

If someone is basically OK and has been eating a reasonable diet for a while
they can probably do a longer fast with minimal supervision.  In my opinion
there are many conditions that need very supervised fasting.
-David