From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 15:36:37 -0400
From: "Kathryn Rosenthal" <[log in to unmask]>
How can something so bad for humans, be so good?

Quoting from (of all things) the AARP magazine:

"Beans, beans, they're good for your heart.  A Tulane Univ. study found that
those who ate beans, peas, or other legumes at least four times a week had a
22% lower risk of heart disease than those who ate them less than once a
week.  Bean eaters also had lower blood pressure. "

Sigh.  If the lectins in hard beans are so harmful, why are they so helpful?

I don't know. I am react quite badly to beans. I have found I do not
tolerate even lentils except in very small quantities.

I never believe these sort of articles though. If you looked at the study
I'm sure you'd find it full of holes.

--Richard