From:
Philip Thrift <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 17:26:53 -0500
On Thu, 9 May 2002 13:39:21 +0000, Debra Kierstead <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I was wondering about whether eating a lot of ground meat (mostly beef)
>is a good idea or not.

I have never found ground meat to taste as good as a cut of meat
so I almost never eat it. I would avoid it unless you are
doing it for economic reasons. Cordain might say it is too fatty
-- if you go by the Paleo Diet. There may be other nutrition reasons
that cuts of meat are better though.

The main thing is that ground meat has a better chance of having
bacteria dispersed all the way through it - hence you have to
cook it so that all redness is gone. With a cut of meat bacteria
is primarily on the outside, so that is why you can eat steak
that is pink in the middle.

I cook beef sirloin in the microwave
( http://www.geocities.com/paleofitness/paleomicrowave.html )
and it tastes great.