From:
Marianne Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 13:44:08 -0400
Philip wrote:

The table at

   http://foodsafety.ifas.ufl.edu/sd/sd016t.htm#table5

is typical of what I have seen. The point is that livestock developed
using hormone enhancement provide a negligible hormone difference
compared to other things people eat or your natural hormone levels.
You can see how bad soybeans are for men for example.

I forwarded this link to couple of people and they all asked this: are the
hormones naturally occurring in these foods? Another question: I read in
Alternative Medicine that "Tamoxifen is supposed to work by competing with
estrogens in binding with tissue estrogen receptor sites; it is an
antiestrogen, just as are the natural phytoestrogens found in soy." So are
the estrogens found in soy actually antiestrogens?

For those who haven't seen Alternative Medicine, it is a good magazine,
worth checking out. The first issue I read contained an article by Dr.
Cordain on the paleo diet that got me started. They also have magazines on
things like mammograms being bad for you, dairy not providing calcium
contrary to what the dairy industry says, prescribed drugs killing far more
people than illegal drugs, and so on. Kind of counter culture.