From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2002 09:11:22 -0400
Hi Amadeus;

I think though, that Marianne's point was that she was confused because of
the contradictory assertions about ALA and eicosanoids she is getting from
different sources. She said that the Eades say that ALA suppresses the
eiconasoids while I have provided a qoute that would indicate otherwise.

You are saying that LA suppresses ALA which in turn lessens its (th ALA's)
efffect on the production of eiconasoids?

And that flax seed oil's ALA is less effected by LA since there is
relatively little LA inflax seed. LA being the culprit (and not ALA) which
reduces eiconosoid (and, ultimately, prostoglandin) production.

I guess you agree with the excerpt I provided?

Marilyn