From:
Thomas Gentles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 07:23:43 -0600
On Sun, 28 Apr 2002 16:00:14 -0500, ginny wilken wrote:
>,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>The nifty part about Paleo is that once you start satisfying your appetite
>with nutritious veggies and fruits, and plenty of meat with a liberal
>amount of good fats, your sugar cravings will disappear. You may have
>psychological cravings for comfort foods, and you can choose how to handle
>those within the concept of the diet: cheat a little, substitute, or just
>ignore them. Unfortunately, sugar is sugar, and whatever acts like sugar is
>going to perpetuate your cravings at this stage of things, so I'd advise
>taking it easy with concentrated sweets. You'll find your tastes will
>change rather soon, and what failed to taste sweet before will become
>satisfying.

I seem to recall Viljamur Stefannson writing in one of his books about travelling with one conventional eater. This man said that he could not eat fat. It nauseated him. He had brought his own supply of sweets including sugar for tea, etc. Well Stefannson reports the man's sweets ran out over time. Then one day Stefannson happened to walk around the back of the place where they lived and there was this man busily chewing on a very large piece of blubber.

Steffanson also experimented in New York to prove it was possible to live on meat and fat only. He said the main problem was that people would always cut the fat off and try and serve him only the meat.

Tom Gentles