CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lyndy Latta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 11:31:00 EST

I had 10 parents respond (8 USA & 2 Canada).  All of them said that by
working with the nutritionist/dietician/cook staff at the diabetes camps and,
in most cases, sending some GF food along with their child, they were able to
give their child the "camp experience" that they'd hoped for.  Everyone said
that going to camp, whether a day camp or a sleep-away, was a great
experience for their kids.

I found three camps -- Clara Barton in Mass., Camp Jean Nelson outside of
Calgary, and Bearskin Meadows in Calif. that each had at least two girls with
celiac & diabetes attending the camps last year.  Also the celiac org. in
Seattle sponsors a summer camp for celiac kids, and one session includes kids
with celiac and diabetes.

Email me personally if you need contact info for those camps.

Lyndy Latta