C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Zubko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 21:56:21 -0500
Just to add toYvonne's thoughts: They built a new convention centre and
stadium at the University in my hometown. New buildings MUST BE ACCESSIBLE,
have accessible seating, enough space between the aisles for chairs,
wheelchair accessible bathrooms. NEITHER OF THE BUILDINGS HAD ANY OF THESE
FEATURES, AND THEY HAD TO RIP THE BUILDING APART AND SPEND MORE MONEY TO PUT
THESE THINGS IN... Very public buildings, and this was prior to the 2001
Canada  Summer Games being held in the city. IT GOT LOTS OF PRESS FROM
ACTIVISTS-- even I wrote a letter, and they spent millions of dollars to
change things... SO YES, IT STILL HAPPENS, AND IT IS STUPID....I swear that
maybe it will be my mission to be a disability rights activist and prevent
these things...
Don't really know what I want to do with the rest of my life at this point.
Pain is a limiting factor. I am back on morphine-- 100 mgs/day and the
clonazepam at night, though I have indicated to the physiatrist via phone
that this is still not a great option. All of the pain meds make me so very
sick... I have not found one to be better than the other. WHEN I SEE HIM ON
THURSDAY, I AM GOING TO ASK TO BE SENT FOR SURGERY FOR THE PUMP SOLELY FOR
PAIN MANAGEMENT. I don't know what he will say, but I cannot handle the oral
stuff. I sleep all day and can't even remember my name/age.
Are there any pain meds that have minimum side effects-- I hace tried Statex
(am back on it), Oxycocet (did not really work for me except making me
sick), and MS CONTIN (WITH BAD SIDE EFFECTS AGAIN). Does anyone know of
other options?
I know I am going to the pain clinic, but it is always good to go with
ideas/suggestions.
Thanks.
Jenn