C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Zubko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:47:23 -0500
When I was talking about how brave I thought Jennifer was for
having/carrying this baby, I also spoke of the BRAVERY of all mothers.
People say that having child(ren) is the hardest thing a woman's body can go
thorough. I watched my NDA or non-CP sister give birth, lose 3/4 of the
blood in her body, need emergency surgery... And thats not BRAVERY? I also
think that mothers who have anuy sort of complicated pregnancy are
brave--the nights worrying about the babny whether the problem arises before
or after birth are hard. Many women also know the pain of
miscarriages/losing little ones, and although the father's heart is no doubt
also extremely broken(probably more than he would readily admit verbally),
and he gets downtrodden, he will never know what it is like to have a baby
kick inside him,go through labour, etc.

AGAIN, ALL MOTHERS ARE BRAVE, DISABLED OR NOT.And parenting, whether you
are male or female with a disability is more of a challenge.
Jenn