C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 17:09:55 EST
In a message dated 3/9/2002 4:36:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I'm so glad to hear you finding ways to keep the family intact.
>
> Beth the OT

Thanks Beth and Kat both (I read your post too).

>>I have one cat who likes to think she is so sophisticated.  She's a
long-haired tuxedo cat that has a full complement of gloves.  She has bright
green eyes and very long white whiskers and eye brows.  She often gives us
the "what " look and then sits there looking over her shoulder at us.  She's
quite pretty and, quite silly despite herself.

I am rather fond of the inscrutable cat mystique.  I never questioned my
cat's agendas, that would have seemed rude and presumptuous somehow.  I don't
know what it is either, that makes a cat look at a blank spot on the wall
behind you, as though someone is there, a ghost perhaps.  Bundy does it too.
Astro did it, all my animals have done it.  What psychic communication is
occurring there, and why am I not made privy to the details?  I suspect I've
mentioned this before at some point.  They all do it and it drives me nuts.

Not that I want to be made privy to such details.  I'd prefer to learn that
my animals only look at blank spots on the wall behind me because they're
animals, and as oblivious as Gary Larson illustrates them to be.