C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brent Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 20:10:02 -0500
Kat wrote:

> I went to St. Andrews in Laurinburg and Gardner-Webb in Boiling Springs.
> Also did grad work at WFU.

Been on and around all three campuses at one time or another. I spent a
couple of summers at St. Andrews in the mid/late 70's in music
camps/all-state orchestra. Had friends at both G-W and WFU when I was in
college myself in the late 70's/early 80's. I attended NC State.

> That's a beautiful area!  Have you been down in the Gorge?  That was where
> the Green Berets would train back in the 1960s.  Used to hike at Roan Mtn.
> and in Lost Cove area.

All the way to the bottom from the top? No. I'm not the triathlon type.
<smile> But I've done all the day trails around the Falls, and hiked
considerable stretches of the Tanawaha Trail (about 10? 15? miles ENE of the
falls). It plays hopscotch with the Parkway around and under the Linn Cove
Viaduct, and then NE over the summit of Rough Ridge.

> Mostly getting data from our data warehouse (which I can't talk about
> without using four-letter words), and SAP via MS Access and Cognos, using
> SQL and Visual Basic.

Data warehouse. Yeesh. Conjures images of IBM Big Iron running DB/2. And
SAP? Gotta love those Germans. <grin> MS Access, SQL, and VB are more my
forte. I'm strictly a marginal player when it comes to db heavy lifting.

> Well, I don't work for the banking industry but for the textiles industry;
> I'm with Sara Lee Hosiery, in the HRIS department.

Good. I heard there was blood in the streets around the old Wachovia
headquarters after the merger was announced. They hit both places though:
Good ol' FU cleaned out their entire investment banking department here to
make room for Wachovia folks coming down from W-S.

Brent