BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Rabinowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Rabinowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:33:13 -0500
Lead shims are traditional and would be more forgiving of irregularities in
the surface than plastic.  Granite is also bedded in lead sheet which I
think make the best bedding for flat stacked masonry.  You cut the sheets
proud and peen the edges flush to make water tight seals.  The only trick is
how to set the blocks without using shims to allow gaps for removal of
straps.  Lewis pins work if you can trust them or dry ice as used
traditionally.

Mark