BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

A place midway between Celebration and Village of the Damned.
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 23:37:43 EST
If no one has said it the Lime conference)
was one of the best conferences I have been to .
Its  a great story too about a country brick mason with a southern drawl
who couldn't get anywhere with  the experts here ( Yankees have a hard time
with drawls they  have seen too many movies)
He decided to buck the system and  build his own wood burning Kiln for the
pure  Lime putty on a commercial level  nationally; then to tweak the experts
a little more he invited   the top guns of  English Heritage ; and  Historic
Scotland to join him to help launch an American Lime association  this
includes the  the French ( spec standards) St. Astier lime producers.
Historic lime mortars are what was used so why not put them back?
 ......It was fun; informative and had me on the edge of my chair most of the
week -end...Bravo  Michael