BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv which, like Afghanistan, cannot be understood by those who use a fork." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 07:28:28 -0500
David,
    You da man.  Who else but our brothel boffo brethren down under to dig
in where no under wire has gone before.  Thanks for the research.
    "I have heard that one of the key members of the team was a female
engineer."  Now there's an idea:  a woman designing a bra!   Does anyone
remember the manssiere?
    I have been working with Arup for the last two years on a project in,
where else, New Haven.  Obviously no right angles anywhere.  We were having
alot of trouble with the steel detailing.  Ove refused to dimension the
drawings claiming that all any fabricator should need are coordinates. (By
the way, the original column from which all angles depended had been deleted
during design, since dubbed "the imaginary column".)  During a heated
project meeting over delays the erector turned to me and muttered under his
breath:  "What do they know about buildings anyway.  I thought they only did
undergarments."
    Now that I think about it, maybe this is what all these structures need;
clothing.
Signed:  A Puritan Yankee
Best,
Leland