BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 21:59:31 -0600
Its hard to impress "real" architects with good questions.

I've recently begun to notice that my questioning authority is not merely a
fault in my personal charachter, but all sorts of respected preservation people
and publications on what it takes to be a preservationist, point out that
without the ability to look away from the documents and study the real
stuff...and question, especially to question authority, is an asset.

So, a youngster challenges you.  You smile.  Somebody worth taking out on the
next job site.

-jc

ps, had lunch with Gersil Kay at the University Club in Chicago once...she's a
lady.