From:
Robert Heiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 15:01:47 -0700
At 08:32 AM 4/25/2002 -0700, you wrote:
> Hi Butch,
Bob Heiser, k9BOB here.
I have had a T H F 6 since late January.
It is very friendly to use.
To enter a repeater frequency into memory you do the following.
Press number 3 there will be a hi and a low beep.
The low beep is the amateur bands the higher beep is the broadcast bands.
You can enter amateur frequencies in the broad cast portion.
 However, You can not enter broadcast frequencies in the amateur portion.
Start with the amateur band the low beep of the number 3 key.
Next press Key B. That puts you in the v f O
Next press the pound key. this is an enter command. next enter the
frequency such as 147120
When pressing the last digit you will hear a longer tone. this means the
frequency has been entered.
On 2 meters the off set will be automatically entered.
On U H F you might have to enter the off set.
You do this by pressing key  A. this is the function.
next press key 8.
There will be 3 beeps with key 8.
2 high and one low.
the low is simplex the next is minus them plus.
On U H f you most likely want a plus off set.
To enter the P L, you press key A.  again the function then key 7 this puts
you in the p l menu.
Turn the knob to select the P L.  The beep you find when turning the knob
is the lowest P L frequency I think is 67.5 then you count up say 15 clicks
to get to 107.2.

When you have selected the P L press the menu key the button inside the
circle. this tells the transmitter what p l you have selected and it is
stored.
Finally you press Key C, the third one down in the far right row.That will
put the frequency, off set and pl you have entered in to a memory.
Memory one is the beep when you are dialing through the memories.  Just 1
click left of the beep is the empty memory.
Hope this helps you Butch.
Bob
K9BOB

a while back someone posted a very short step by step note on how to