Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 18:22:07 -0330

John:

The problem with my split feature is that it won't engage period.
The rig is only 6 weeks old, on the air 5.  I used the split feature only
once to set up some 10M repeaters.  I stored those settings into memory and
left them be.
When I tried to set up a split operation yesterday, to try and work the Dusy
Island expedition, I noticed the problem.
Could the TF SET be interfering?  When the TF is on, holding in the split
button, results in the VFO B being heard.  When TF is off, the split button
doesn't utter a sound nor is VFO B heard.
Is there a menu option to activate or disable the split option?  I also
heard through the vines that the SWR can be announced by the VS-3.  Is there
any truth to this?
Thanks for your help:

73
Michael VO1RYN