Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 11:50:23 -0500
On Thu, 9 May 2002 13:43:25 +0000, Debra Kierstead <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I wanted some more info on ketosis.  There's not much detail  about it in
>Ray's book.  I want to know because I am currently breastfeeding.  ....
> I am wanting to
>try eating fully paleo but wanted more info first plus i seem to have to
>plan really well.  whenever i tried to cut out grain in the past I was just
>ssoooo hungry.

Ketosis is not the same as paleo.
I'd suggest not to attempt ketosis when breasfeeding.
Mothers milk contains a lot of carbohydrate, much more than fat.
Your body has to make it for the milk.
There is *no* way for the body to make carbohydrate out of fat.
The only way to make carbohydrate for your body in ketosis is
to downgrade protein to make them.
It's hard work for the body.

I think it will be impossible for you to eat so much additional protein
that you body could make enough carbohydrate for the amount necessary in
the milk for your baby.

regards

Amadeus S.