Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Marishka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 16:30:14 -0500
Terry Benouameur wrote:

> Cordain says that primitive man did not eat salt. Yet we know that salt was available in many parts of the world, principally from brine on the seacoasts and salt flats in the interior. Salt-rich blood from game was collected and used in food preparation. In Africa, ashes of sodium-rich marsh grasses were added to food.

I won't argue with Sally Fallon about the salt.  I believe humans have a natural inclination to seek out salt.  Of course, people who eat processed foods get way too much salt in their diet and many people also go overboard in salting their food.  But I have never even considered cutting out salt altogether since I am not salt-sensitive.

I also questioned Dr. Cordain's advice about rubbing flaxseed oil over meat before cooking it.  I personally don't do this.

As for how much or how little fat to eat, I think everyone finds their own balance on this.

For the record, I love both "The Paleo Diet" and "Neanderthin"!  I think both books provide excellent information that can help people to live a healthier (and slimmer) life.

L'shalom,

Marishka