Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 08:02:31 -0500
On Thu, 2 May 2002 22:17:11 +0000, Debra Kierstead <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> As far as I know in India there has been sustained lacto
>vegetarianism for quite a few generations but I could be wrong.

The indian culture is at for least 5000 years almost vegetarian.
Like any neolithic culture (= culture with towns or villages)
since 10000 years. They couldn't "produce" meat in industry like farms.

The indian culture like european or near east neolithic cultures are
(nearly) lactovegetarian. No eggs, no chicken. But sheep and goat, and
since several 1000 years cow milk too.

Well, european and near east cultures were not strictly vegetarian, because
they *did* eat the meat of the house animals.
However the house animals didn't have power food from soy and maize farms.
The production was low. Only some percent of meat calories were included
there. Estimations for the celtic settlement nearby my place (2500 y ago)
go to some 9% from animals.

In India the situation is different, since it was considered sin to eat
(or better to kill) animals. Near the coast, fish (as less developed
creatures) are accepted by the poorer.
If you take the example of a brahman family you can easily have
4000 years of continuous lacto-vegatarians, 4000/25 = 160 generations.
They don't mix with others and didn't eat any meat.

How much animal did eat our anchestors in the years 1850, 1350,
500, 100, 1000bc, 3000bc ?
From traces up to the sunday meat.

Forget that traditional vegetarism has nutritional problems.
Sugary vegetarianism has, like sugary omnivorism has.
Modern vegetarianism, disregarding traditional wisdoms can have  some long
term problems.

There's one mainstream danger from certain plants.
It applies to all common diets, vegetarian or not (unpaleo, SAD)
It's in in the autoimune reactions.
These are triggered or caused by a overpermeable gut wall
which can be caused by lectins.

They comes from the food items
that Ray A. learned to hate as the culprits for his diseases,
wheat and dairy.
But it could be any food item which is (was) eaten frequently with an
attacked gut wall. For me it happens to be even meat (I think lamb).

Amadeus S.