Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 20:00:59 -0700
>But mainly what i was hoping for was
info that may help me to anti-def for paleo to the
people in my life who have chosen to go with the
barbaric bariatric surgery.  It's just especially hard
for me to deal with criticism about my chosen eating
habits from people who opted for removal of internal
organs as a solution for what I percieve as a cultural
eating problem.<

You know, this kind of criticism can happen in any aspect of life. The more
I hear about things like this, the more I feel the direct approach is
sometimes best. Why suffer fools? I think it's bad for a person to absorb
the negative energy that comes from hearing unwarranted criticism and then
having to stifle a response. I'd probably have to get my courage up, but
after one episode of 'oh you should...' - after I was very sure I was going
out of my way to NOT be judgmental against someone, I think I'd likely say
something like: "You've chosen your way of doing things, and that's your
business. Your opinions on my diet are not welcome, and I'd like it if we
could avoid discussing diet and health issues. I think that's a better way
for us to preserve respect for each other." Or something like that. If it
escalates, "Do you have some problem you are trying to work out by
criticizing me? If there's something you want to talk about and work out, we
can discuss it - but no matter what, I'm not interested in being a party to
any further criticism. Do you understand?"