C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 17:42:17 -0500
Betty,

> On a final note, I previously posted to this thread about personal safety
and
> revealing certain kinds of information.  I did not mean to suggest that I
> think anyone here I know could be a bad guy, I don't think that for a
minute.
>  It was food for though for general purposes.  I've put a lot of personal
> stuff out there myself.

I'd say be VERY careful about giving your credit card or debit card number
out over the net; make sure it's a secure site first.  Amazon.com and other
bigger retailers are usually safe bets, but be careful.  The reason I said
that is because last fall, the credit card company called me about some
strange charges on my account, and it turned out that someone on the
internet had stolen my card number and was using it.  I know it was through
the web because all the charges were via web sites and companies, and they
were for products and services in other countries, 3 being in Russia and 4
being in Australia!  Fortunately as I signed an affidavit of fraud and a
filed a police report, the bank refunded me all of my money.  Ever since,
I've limited my  net shopping to one or two  sites that I trust.

Kat