C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 02:55:18 -0800
--- Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I think that the blurb needs updating, as there are
> now two other lists where
> parents of kids with CP can go. I'm not against the
> parents being here. Just
> be aware that the adults with CP need a place where
> we can ask and or talk
> about sex, love and life.
>
> Mag who has been here for maybe 8 years!

Mag, I agree with you completely. This is a very
unique  list in the sense that while there is an
underlying CP theme, it is more about everyday living
and sharing. I think the adults here also benefit from
the parents of the CP kids because we have become
aware of treatment options that adults aren't given by
their docs.
Linda's question deserves to be addressed. It was very
straight forward and honest inquiry. On this "Explicit
Content"  thread I'm more worried about practicing
safe computer habits ( gee and all you thought you had
to worry about was safe sex :-) ).All posts here go to
the C-Palsy archives that are accessible to anyone
cruising the Internet right now. It is also easy
enough for someone who is semi-knowledgeable about
computers to get your personal email from the archives
which leaves you open to the  possibility of  being
contacted by a complete stranger wanting to talk about
your post( or even worse). One thing that could be
done is for the administrators to make this list
accessible to members only in which case using the
warning header would be fine. The other thing is to
take the discussion to private email. It would be easy
enough to set up a private round robin sort of thing
for anyone who wished to participate. Again,just my
two cents for what it is worth.
Joanne
PS. Linda for what it's worth, and I've been throwing
an awful lot of weight around for those two cents of
mine, when one is in a loving, caring relationship
that may become sexual relationship, it is the mutal
exploration of each other and finding what works and
is comfortable for each of you that makes the
relationship special.
Joanne