C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 21:18:56 -0800
--- Brent Edwards <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
 Is this information correct now?

> Was it ever?
>
> Sounds like someone needs to seriously set the folks
> who wrote that blurb

I'm sure it is out of date but the subscription info(
how to join) is indeed correct. I think I may be
reading you post  wrong( I hope so) but my impression
is that you are implying that parents of children with
CP shouldn't be participating on this list.

> Seems that "Bill McGarry" went MIA in October of
> 1998, rendering the info
> Joanne quotes nearly four years out of date. My
> question to long-time
> members is this: Was this list not originally for
> adults with cp?

That will have to be answered by some one who has been
here longer than I have been but I do know that I have
been as have other parents of kids with CP, welcomed
with open arms.

> If it was not, are we "hijackers"?
> If I am wrong about this (and I sincerely hope that
> I am) then we are still
> presented with a bit of a problem.

Why? What's the  problem. Maybe the "blurb" should
read a list for anyone who has had CP effect thier
life. My son's has certainly had a profound effect on
mine.The list also has an active and respected member
whose "CP" was confered by Doc Ken. This is an all
round heck of group made up of good people.

> Joanne goes on to
> write:
 > I trust all to be discrete if they wish to post on
> > this subject and not turn it into a pornographic
> > thread.
>
> Uh, oh... red flag words. "Discrete" and
> "pornographic".
>
> Who defines them? I've seen nothing here so far -
> even including the
> Jeffries post - that was not "discrete", and
> certainly nothing that was
> "pornographic" by *my* definition of either term.
>
> However I suspect that Joanne is harboring a far
> different definition of
> those terms than I do.
>
> Is the "Explicit Content" subject header not good
> enough to keep the
> easily-offended from becoming offended?
>
> Brent

In the time I have been on this list there has been
lots of sexual innuendos and running gags. Oh my, once
one of these treads catch fire there are a lot of spit
coffee ending up the computer monitors as this group
as the ability of taking a punch line and roll with it
like no ones bussiness and I've enjoyed the humor and
all even when it gets brawdy. The problem with an
header like "Explicit Content" is the arguement that
it allows you to use the delete button if you would
prefer not to read such a post. So what is wrong with
that? Not a thing if we all remember that using the
delete button may delete an explict post from my
computer but it won't delete it from C-Palsy archives
which can be seen by anyone who wants to access
them.How does this group want to be seen from people
who are interested in joining and see the archives to
get an idea of group dynamics.  I'm not the list
censor and I have no desire to be. This list is quite
good in moderating themsleves as it should be. My 2
cents worth.
Joanne