C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Yvonne Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:25:13 -0500
Welcome, Susan!

I am another mom on the list (I also lurk on CPParent which Joanne posted about - I highly recommend it, too). I have 2 survivng triplets, one of whom, Anthony, has CP. They were born at 30 weeks and will be 5 in April.  Anthony had a grade IV IVH like your daughter. His affected all 4 limbs, arms worse than legs. Sounds like your daughter may have hemiplegia (one side). I believe it is fairly common for people with hemiplegia to have underdevelopment of the affected limbs. As Joanne suggested, I would definitely have her seen by a physiatrist or a good pediatric orthopedist. I believe there is a list for hemi-plegia issues as well (hemi-kids, I think). Where do you live? (If you don't mind me asking).

Yvonne
Mommy to triplets:
Bobby (nda);  Anthony (moderate spastic quad CP);
and our Angel Joey {Apr.14/97 - Dec.31/98} (severe CP with many medical complications...)
Ottawa, CANADA

>>> [log in to unmask] 03/17/02 10:48PM >>>
Hi Everyone!
I am sorry for never introducing myself before but I wasn't quite sure I was
even in a group who would have any answers for me.  My daughter was born when
I was only 25 weeks pregnant.  She and her twin sister both weighed 1 lb and
13 oz.  She had a grade IV IVH.  It affected her right side and I have been
doing physical therapy with her since the day she came home from the
hospital.  My question is this.....recently I noticed that her right leg(the
side affected) is shorter than the left. Her foot also seems smaller.  Is
this due to CP or not?  I am not sure about the details of CP but I do read a
lot and haven't found any anwers to my questions.  Who do I need to take her
to see? An orthopedic specialized in pediatrics? (she will be 3 in August).
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Susan