BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"Store owner in Olympia: \"Albanians say 'Hungry bear do not dance.'\"" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 20:53:17 -0800
Cornell has a very good ag school.  Ruth

At 8:04 PM -0800 3/27/02, Cuyler Page wrote:
Despite the main industry being education it is very much a factory town,
from timing chains to brains. Growing up one was as likely to know a
carpenter, a dairy farmer, a nuclear physicist or a radical priest. I do
miss the music scene.

It was not until I left the area that it occured to me that I could be a
legitimate person.

][<en

Beautifully said, Ken.   The version I tell friends here is that
"Cornell was my childhood playground, and I never appreciated how special
that was until leaving the place at age 21 and finding out, to my great
disappointment, that not every town had one."

My reason or leaving was that I wanted to be a pioneer and it seemed that
everything there had already been done, but that was more about
conservative Republican community lifestyle than the Big Red C.

cp in bc

--
Ruth Barton
Westminster, VT