BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"I have seen three emperors naked, and I can tell you there is no difference." <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 12:59:12 EST
Mark,

I doubt the bluebloods who register and memorize silver hallmarks could give
two shits (as I once heard a prominent Mafia chieftainess phrase it) about
anything as....common as brick.

I had a similar problem/question 25 years ago in Phoenix, where a house I
worked on was built of brick with a "C" molded into the frog.  Unfortunately,
the two low bidders' names both started with "C", and there was no known
local brickyard with a name beginning with "C."   There had evidently been
problems with brick there in the early 80's, because all the local architects
got together at one point and announced that they were only going to accept
brick that were manufactured within certain dimensional tolerances.
Ultimately, I never found out where the brick came from.

Great idea for a thesis though-- a register of late 19th C brickyards and
their marks.  Where anybody would GET the information could be a problem.
And who but the world's most boring Pinheads (THAT'S a distinction) would
read it is another problem.

Ralph