From:
Jan Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:57:15 -0600

 Hi listmates,

I just had to write about my experience at Maggiano's Little Italy
Restaurant on the 16th St. Mall in Denver!  I was diagnosed 3 years ago,
and was devastated at the thought of trying to eat out and have a good,
worry-free meal.  Well, I've been eating out, but there's always that
little doubt!  But, I had the most awesome meal a couple of weeks ago.
When the waiter first came to our table, I told him about my diet
restrictions, and he quickly went and got the chef!  His name was Chris,
and I have been told since then, that he was mentioned in the "Sully's
Living Without" magazine a few issues back.  Anyway, he came out, and I
told him I couldn't have things that contained gluten, and right away,
he said, "Oh!  You have celiac!"  Well, I knew I was in good hands after
that!  He told me of MANY things that he could prepare, and I chose
pasta, because I never get to have that when eating out.  He had rice
noodles on hand, told me how he would prepare the sauce, and when the
waiter came out with the meals for the other 3 people at my table...Chef
Chris brought mine out himself!  Before I had a bite, he told me again
what was in it, and then twice came out while I was dining to see if I
was doing ok!  After dinner, I asked him about the rice noodles, and he
told me how he prepares it (it was not gummy and sticky like mine turns
out!), and he went to the kitchen and brought out a bag of them, and
GAVE them to me!  It was wonderful!  I will go back again and again, and
if you ever have the chance to go...DO!

Just wanted to let you know of a great experience!

JAN